Saturday 28 January 2012

It's been too long... and Christmas book haul!

I havn't posted on here in absolutely ages! So much has been going on I just have had so little time and so much to do as the old cliche goes..

However, I thought I might as well start the new year (or the end of January!) off with a Christmas book haul post. I had asked for a couple of books, but all the others were very welcome surprises!

Gemma from Passion for Novels actually bought me a book I have gone on and on about for so long that I ended up with two copies! It was Dark Matter by Michelle Paver , I adore horror and thriller movies yet have never read a scary book! I thought it was about time, but I havn't got round to starting this yet! Gemma has however done a review on this book so if you want to know more go have a look!


Secondly, again from Gemma, I was lucky enough to recieve one of the most beautiful books I have ever owned - the second is below! - a Barnes and Noble edition of The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I am sure any young girl obsessed with fantasy and imagination like I was will have read this, and it is definately one of my favourite children's books of all time!

I have to insert a picture of this beauty, if for nothing else, simply because it's so pretty!



Next is my other pride and joy.. my gift off Dani at Pen to Paper yet another Barnes and Noble beauty. This time the 7 novels of one of my all time loves, Jane Austen. Despite being an enormous Austen fan, I have never owned my own copies of anything other than Pride and Prejudice and Emma.. now I have them all in all their gold leafed glory! Again, I think we need to appreciate how beautiful this collection actually is...




The following books were all gifts off my family, some which I asked for weeks in advance, and some which I had a lovely little surprise opening on Christmas morning...

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore was a book I had been wanting for a while. Some how I have ended up with The Power of Six on my Kindle, why I had that one without ever having read or downloaded the first one I have no idea.. but thankfully my younger sister helped me out and gave me the first book.. which I am so so looking forward to throwing myself into after having heard so much brilliant stuff about it! And having held off on watching the film for so long!

Random Acts of Heroic Love by Danny Scheinmann is another that I had asked for, I can't remember where I heard about this book, but it sounds like it has all the makings of one of my future favourites. Plus, every review I have looked up has been exceptional, always a positive!

Finally The Earth Hums in B Flat by Mari Strachan was a bit of a surprise, I had mentioned it to my mom a couple of times, but never officially asked for it! This is the only one of my Christmas books that I have read, and I did so in just two days! I loved this book but am about to write a review on it, so have a look above this post for that for more of my thoughts!

That was it for my Christmas book gifts! Not a drastic amount, but enough to have difficulty finding places for them on my already rather full bookshelf!

Abi.. x

No comments:

Post a Comment